Mission, Vision & Values
NeighborImpact supports people and strengthens communities.
Within 10 years (by January 2024), NeighborImpact will be:
- The region’s leading organization for providing, food, energy assistance and
emergency housing to those in need.
- The region’s leading provider of preschool readiness for children and families living in poverty.
- The region’s leading sponsor of homeownership counseling and related services, including financial coaching and lending activity.
- Known as a change agent promoting not just resource availability but also opportunities for self‐empowerment.
- A valued service‐delivery partner of federal, state and local government and other nonprofits, regional and statewide.
- The leading resource for information and expertise regarding the presence of poverty in Central Oregon and needed strategies and inputs to alleviate it.
- Recognized as an agency which provides services across the income spectrum, not just to low‐income households.
- Physically present and robust in service delivery in all three Central Oregon counties and the region's six major cities.
- A community‐supported organization, receiving at least 10 percent of its annual operating funding from individual donors, foundation and corporate support.
- Recognized as preferred employer.
- Recognized as a financially responsible steward of public and private resources.
NeighborImpact is guided by the following core values in its interaction withclients, the community and within the organization:
- Respect for the dignity of all people, regardless of social condition;
- Compassion for those in need;
- Preferred partner for other organizations and government;
- High accountability and transparency in our financial management practices;
- Excellence and best practice in service delivery, governance, and employment practices;
- Integrity in our dealings with clients, funders, the public and our employees;
- Leadership in the field of poverty alleviation;
- Oriented toward change, urging those we serve seek out opportunities for self‐help to the best of their abilities;
- Responsive, Entrepreneurial and Flexible in responding to community needs;
- Technologically proficient and good stewards of facilities entrusted to our care.
"Thanks to NeighborImpact, my children have a place to sleep and do homework"