The Early Child Care Business Accelerator Program for Home Based Providers
Opportunity C: funding for this opportunity is open to Home-Based Child Care Providers or persons who want to become home-based child care providers. Providers will receive $5,000 and are eligible to receive Oregon Registry Online (ORO) credit after completing the program.
This 3-month program focuses on providing individuals with the skills and knowledge to become Registered or Certified Family Child Care Providers. Current home based child care providers must have been in operation for two years or less to be accepted into the program. The course is offered at no charge to participants. The program has 7 in-person evening classroom sessions offered between 6-9pm as well as 6 business advising sessions with the instructor. To be accepted into this program, providers must coordinate ahead of time with NeighborImpact Child Care Resources to make sure that the following prerequisites have been met before the program starts.
- Initiate the Central Background Registry
- Submit Water Lead Testing for your residence or location
- Receive landlord or HOA approval for child care location
- Complete the Introduction to Registered Family Child Care Classes One & Two
To be eligible to receive $5,000 grant funding towards your child care business, providers must be licensed and operating their business as either a Registered or Certified Family Child Care Provider, and offering full-time care. Requirements must be completed within 3 months after finishing the program. The provider agrees to a site visit to ensure deliverables are complete and to participate in continuous support through NeighborImpact and Oregon Child Care Alliance.
Program Benefits for Providers
Upon completion of program and meeting program requirements, participants will receive:
- $5,000 grant to use towards their child care business
- Oregon Registry Online (ORO) hours
- Ongoing support through NeighborImpact for continuous quality improvement
- Paid subscription to Wonderschool
Enrollment & Contact Information
To enroll in the program, or for questions about the program, please email email@example.com.