Head Start Substitute Bus Driver
NeighborImpact’s Head Start program Overview
NeighborImpact Head Start and Early Head Start provide free quality preschool and social services to 445 children and families from pregnant woman to children ages 0-5 throughout Crook and Deschutes County. The program provides quality classroom learning in addition to resources that enable access to health and dental care, family support, nutritional meals, family engagement, social/emotional and physical development, nutrition and more. Head Start is actively working toward expanding the implementation of full day preschool in Central Oregon communities to support school readiness.
Overview of Key Duties and Responsibilities:
To provide safe bus transportation for Head Start children, ensuring that each child is picked up and delivered on schedule. To cooperate with center team to promote the health and education of each child, and to work with center staff to assure a smooth flow of communication between families and Head Start sites.
- Current Oregon School Bus drivers certificate issued from the Oregon Department of Education
- High school diploma or GED
- Physical strength and coordination adequate to drive a 36 passenger bus
- Requires experience in pupil transportation
- Frequent lifting of up to 50 lbs.
- Occasional bending and stooping
- Basic literacy and math skills
- Ability to use a variety of computer programs including but not limited to Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Child Plus software
- Working knowledge of the behaviors and developmental stages of pre-school children, typically gained by working one year or more in a school or preschool setting
- Strong written and oral communications skills
- Ability to balance safety considerations with the children’s need to be active
NeighborImpact is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity includes, but is not limited to, employment, training, promotion, demotion, transfer, leaves of absence, and termination. All applications will be considered only on the basis of the applicant’s knowledge, skills, and ability to perform the essential functions of the position, with or without reasonable accommodation. It is our established policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, gender, sexual orientation, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.