First Story is offering affordable homeownership opportunities in Sisters, OR. This is your chance to secure a 30-year, zero interest loan with zero down payment! In order to qualify, interested homebuyers must take a Homebuyer Education Workshop through NeighborImpact’s HomeSource program as a first step in the application process. This workshop will help applicants successfully navigate the homebuying process from start to finish, and will lead them to the next step in applying for a First Story home.
The project’s homes will be 1,028 square feet with 3-bedrooms, 2 baths and a 2-car garage. The homes include laminate flooring in a formal kitchen, dining and hallway; vinyl in the bathrooms and laundry; and carpet in the bedrooms. Each home includes a fully fenced and landscaped yard. No custom or additional options are available.
In order to qualify, applicants must meet certain eligibility requirements, including but not limited to:
• Total gross Median Family Income at or below 80% of area median income (see chart at bottom of page)
• Monthly gross income meets the minimum amount required to pay a monthly principal, insurance, tax, HOA & utility payment—estimated to be between $4,000-$5,100 per month (or $48,000 – $61,000 annually) depending on household size.
• Must currently have no negative credit accounts or items in collections.
• Must currently live or work in Sisters (preferred) or Deschutes County.
• Must be a U.S. citizen or have permanent resident alien status (required for applicant only).
Those interested in applying should first complete NeighborImpact’s Homebuyer Education class and obtain a certificate of completion. Sign up for a Homebuyer Education Workshop here.
Once completed, a full application can be submitted or mailed to HomeSource of NeighborImpact:
20310 Empire Avenue
Bend, OR 97703
Your application should include:
- A Homebuyer Education certificate of completion
- Previous year of Income Tax Returns, including all schedules and pages
- One month of all income documentation for applicant (and co-applicant if applicable)
- A recent credit report for applicant (and co-applicant if applicable) (free credit reports are available at www.annualcreditreport.com).
Once application materials are submitted, you will receive an email within one week providing information about the next steps.