Do I qualify?

    • Residence: Must be resident of Crook, Deschutes, Jefferson counties or the Confederated Tribes of Warm Springs.
    • Utility Meter: Residence must have an electric or natural gas meter at the address listed. 
    • COVID Impact: Must be impacted by COVID-19 by loss of job, reduction of income or increased expenses due to the shutdown.
    • Express Enrollment – The above criteria is met and a household member currently receives one of  the following benefits:
      • Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
      • Women Infants and Children (WIC)
      • Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
      • Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF) or Tribal TANF
      • Medicaid/Oregon Health Plan
      • Received Energy Assistance benefits during October 1, 2018 – Current month.

*Documentation of enrollment in one of the above programs is required for express Enrollment


Income Qualification: For those who do not qualify for express enrollment, there is an income matrix (below) based upon household size and gross monthly income (before taxes). Please choose the matrix for your county of residence.

CROOK $2,870 $3,275 $3,685 $4,095 $4,425 $4,750 $5,075 $5,405
DESCHUTES $3,580 $4,090 $4,600 $5,110 $5,525 $5,930 $6,340 $6,750
JEFFERSON $2,870 $3,275 $3,685 $4,095 $4,425 $4,750 $5,075 $5,405



  • Call 541.504.2155 to request an application be mailed to you or if you have special circumstances that require assistance to complete an application.
  • Pick up a paper application from our Bend, Redmond, Prineville or Madras offices
  • Email to request an application be emailed or mailed to you.


Required Documents

  • Photo ID  for all household members over 18.
  • Social Security Numbers for all household members who have them. LIHEAP funding does not recognize household members that do not have a social security number. Exception are babies under the age of one and foster children whose information is delayed.
  • Income: For those who do NOT meet the Express Enrollment Criteria
    • Paystubs: Household members who are over 18 and have been working – Paystubs for the past 60 days. 
    • Self-employed: Completion of Self-Employment Expense Worksheet form AND a bank statement for the month prior to date of application.
    • No Income? Please list individuals with $0 on the Declaration of Household Income form (included in application.)
    • Informal Income? Please list individuals with cash income on the Declaration of Household Income form. (included in application.)
  • Utility Bill: Electric or natural gas bill for your address, even if it is not in your name. If it is in the landlord’s name, a Landlord Letter is required. 
  • Have electric or natural gas, but want help with propane, wood/pellets, oil? Please complete the Bulk Fuel Estimate Form and send in with your electric or natural gas utility bill.