CELEBRATING A NEW PARTNERSHIP WITH THE CITY OF BEND
We are pleased to announce a new partnership with the City of Bend to administer the Low-Income Assistance Program (LIAP) for residential customers with City of Bend utilities. This is a recurring bill discount program that provides a 50% reduction to the base fee charge published in the City of Bend Fee Schedule for each qualifying residential water service for water, sewer and stormwater.
The LIAP is available to income eligible residential account holders with income at or below 60% Area Median Income (AMI). Customers must re-qualify for the discount annually. Please see income chart below.
How to apply:
Please complete our application (linked at the bottom of this page) and return with back up documents listed on the instructions. Please include your City of Bend bill with your application.
TERMS & CONDITIONS – City of Bend
- Account Type: Only single-family residential accounts are eligible.
- Account Ownership: Account owner must be listed as a household member on the application AND reside at the dwelling identified on the City of Bend utility account. Accounts may be in the name of the individual(s) or a family trust where the settlors or testators are residents of the dwelling.
- Income Guidelines: Household income must be at or below 60% of Area Median Income (AMI) by household size. (Please see income chart below.)
- Prequalified: Households receiving Oregon Department of Human Services Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), or Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) benefits are automatically deemed to meet income guidelines. Enrollment is not automatic. Customers must follow the established application and/or renewal process to enroll in the program.
- Effective Date: Discounts will be applied to the account at the earliest day possible but no later than the first day of the month following approval. Discounts will not be prorated and are not retroactive.
- Duration: Upon qualification, accounts will be enrolled for a 12-month
- Renewal: Customers are required to requalify annually for the program.
- Qualifying Charges: Discounts may be applied to water, stormwater, and sewer utility base charges. Discounts may not be applied to franchise fees, consumption charges, late charges or fees for violations such as meter tampering, obstruction, or bypass.
- Water Service Shut Off and Collections May Still Apply: Past due accounts will be subject to water service shut off and collection activities as defined by Bend City Code 14.10.070.
- Temporary Hold on Collections: Customers who believe they are eligible for the Low-Income Assistance Program but have not applied can contact City of Bend Utility Billing to receive a temporary hold on collection actions to allow time to complete the application process. Customers may receive one temporary hold in a 24-month period. The maximum duration of the hold is ten business days. If the City does not receive notification of approval within the stated time period, the account will be processed immediately for collections and water service shut off.
Questions? Contact us: