NeighborImpact’s HomeSource program strives to help Central Oregonians build and maintain assets by providing personal finance workshops, one-on-one coaching, and various financial programs to fit the needs of community members. Community Mobilizers will promote financial, homebuyer and homeowner services as well as take a step in enhancing their own community. This project will run July 2018 – July 2019.
Community Mobilizers are residents of one of two target counties – Jefferson and Crook– who will outreach to their neighbors. We are seeking five Community Mobilizers for each of the two communities.
Why you want to be a community Mobilizer Volunteer
- Make a difference in your community
- Develop/deepen relationships or communication channels within your community
- Professional and/or personal growth
- Skills such as leadership, problem solving, and resource mobilization
- Each Community Mobilizer will be provided with outreach materials, various training opportunities, mileage reimbursement and a $25 thank you stipend at the end of the project
Profile of a Community Mobilizer
- Strong connection within the community and/or specific groups
- Committed to providing resources to neighbors
- Willing to support, disseminate information, and foster participation
- Knowledgeable or eager to learn about the community including community engagement and involvement
- Motivational to others in prompting a community into action against a shared issue or problem
- Skills may include problem solving, public speaking, excellent communication and written skills interpersonal skills, and compassion
- Eager to learn about financial empowerment
Community Mobilizers will:
- Attend training orientation
- Outreach to the community
- Invited to attend various professional development opportunities
- Develop relationships with individuals and families in their assigned community to ensure participation in HomeSource programs
- Provide door-to-door outreach to individuals or families to promote HomeSource workshops.
- Participate in monthly debriefing meetings with other Central Oregon Community Mobilizers.
- Basic computer skills
- Estimated hours of participation may vary
- Project will run July 2018 – July 2019
- Own vehicle or ability to travel within community
- Complete a NeighborImpact Volunteer Application form and check the box the HomeSource Community Mobilizers under Volunteer Placement Areas as well as indicate the Locations of Interest as Prineville or Madras.
- Community Mobilizers will be invited to an orientation session