COVID Rent Relief
The OERAP Application Portal will close to new applicants at 11:59 PM on 3/14/2022.
Rental Assistance applications will be added to our waitlist and will be prioritized based on need.
If you have a pending court date or received a notice for eviction due to non-payment of rent, please let us know on your application.
Do I qualify?
- If you are a renter that is behind on rent or utilities in Crook, Deschutes and Jefferson counties or the Confederated Tribes of Warm Springs
- If your household has or had unemployment, lost income, had increased expenses or other financial hardship, directly or indirectly, because of COVID
- If you think that you are going to lose your housing because of unpaid rent and utilities that you owe
- If your income for the year is at or under the amounts listed here (income before taxes):
OERAP applications are processed by Oregon Housing and Community Services. Applications must be submitted through their portal:
The application will ask you for this stuff, you can find the checklist here
Tips for Success:
- You DO NOT have to prove immigration or citizenship status
- Don’t hurry to submit an incomplete application, find all the things on the checklist and submit a complete application.
- You have to have an email address set up and check your spam folder for updates
- Make sure that you sign the application electronically
- Upload all the items on the checklist, including these:
- ID, if it is expired or from another state or country, that is okay
- Income (easiest way is to use your 2020 tax return)
- Rental or lease agreement and amount owed
- If you do not have a lease/rental agreement, have your landlord fill out this form
- If your landlord will not fill out this form, you can fill out this form but we may not be able to pay your full rent, please use this only as a last resort
- Utility bills with amounts owed must be dated within 60 days of your application
For information on the eviction moratorium, CLICK HERE.
Information for Landlords, aka “How you can help your tenants”:
- Share the OERAP info with them, including the application link above
- Make sure that they have a current rental or lease agreement, including any rent increase notices
- If you do not have a rental or lease agreement in place, you can complete this form
- Make sure that you provide a ledger or rent due statement that lists each month owed
- Give them all your current contact info, including a valid email address
- This system will email you to complete a portion of the application and have you upload a W-9 form
- Make sure that you check your spam/junk folders regularly to respond to requests