NeighborImpact partners with First Story for Affordable Home Project in Sisters
***Please note that the application cycle is currently closed***
First Story, a local non-profit organization, provides affordable homeownership opportunities in Sisters, OR. Homes are constructed by builder Hayden Homes and sold by First Story to qualified applicants through a 30-year, zero interest loan and zero down payment.
NeighborImpact’s HomeSource partners with First Story to make homeownership a reality for Deschutes County residents who otherwise would not have the ability to take on a mortgage without a substantial down payment.
Am I eligible?
- Eligibility requirements include but are not limited to:
- Total Gross Median Family Income at or below 80% AMI (Area Median Income) – $61,280 for a family of 4 –see application for other household income limits
- No negative credit accounts or items in collections
- Must currently live or work in Sisters (preferred) or Deschutes County
- Must be a U.S Citizen or have Permanent Residence Status (primary applicant only)
- Monthly Gross Income must meet the minimum amount required to pay a monthly principal, insurance, tax, HOA & utilities payment
- First time homebuyers only
How do I start?
Please note that we are not currently accepting applications.
- Fill out a HomeSource intake
- Register for Homebuyer Education Workshop. This workshop will help you navigate the home buying process from start to finish. If you took the class within the last 12 month attach your certificate of completion instead
- Add your name to our Contact List
What is Next?
If you are curious about our last application cycle, please visit the McKenzie Meadows project.
Other affordable housing provides for the region include Habitat for Humanity – Kôr Land Trust, Housing- Impact, Housing Works – consider visiting their sites for information on their homeownership opportunities.
Please note: completing the intake does NOT guarantee acceptance into the program.
For further information, contact us at (541) 323-6567 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org