NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS!
First Story, a local non-profit organization, provides affordable homeownership opportunities in Sisters, OR. Homes are constructed by builder Hayden Homes and sold by First Story to qualified applicants through a 30-year, zero interest loan and zero down payment.
NeighborImpact’s HomeSource partners with First Story to make homeownership a reality for Deschutes County residents who otherwise would not have the ability to take on a mortgage without a substantial down payment.
Am I eligible?
Eligibility requirements include but are not limited to:
- Total Gross Median Family Income at or below 80% AMI (Area Median Income) – $64,950 for a family of 4 –see application for other household income limits
- No negative credit accounts or items in collections
- Must currently live or work in Sisters (preferred) or Deschutes County
- Must be a U.S Citizen or have Permanent Residence Status (primary applicant only)
- Monthly Gross Income must meet the minimum amount required to pay a monthly principal, insurance, tax, HOA & utilities payment
- First time homebuyers only (defined as someone who has never owned a home or has not owned a home in 3 or more years)
This program is perfect for:
- First time home buyers
- Those that live or work in Sisters, Oregon
Ready to Get Started?
Please follow these easy steps:
- INTAKE: Click here for an online version (preferred) or pick up a paper application in the Bend/Redmond offices
- APPLICATION: Complete and submit the application
- DOCUMENTS: Gather the following documentation and submit with your application:
• Previous year of Income Tax Returns, including all schedules and pages
• One month of all income documentation for applicant (and co-applicant, if applicable)
- WORKSHOP: Attend the Homebuyer Education Workshop. After you submit the completed application and intake, a staff member will assist with getting you registered. Certificates issues in the last 12 months are accepted.
- Attend your appointment(s) with our HUD certified housing counselors
Please note: The application is not a guarantee of approval or an interview for housing.
Want to learn more?
Check our Facebook page to be one of the first to hear about program updates.
For other programs and services, please visit our HomeSource website.
Other affordable housing provides for the region include Habitat for Humanity – Kôr Land Trust, Housing- Impact, Housing Works – consider visiting their sites for information on their homeownership opportunities.
More information: (541) 323-6567 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org