NeighborImpact accepting applications for First Story’s affordable homes in Sisters
First Story, a local non-profit organization, is providing affordable homeownership opportunities in Sisters, OR. Homes will be constructed in McKenzie Meadows by builder Hayden Homes and sold by First Story to qualified applicants through a 30-year, zero interest loan and zero down payment.
NeighborImpact’s HomeSource is excited to be partnering with First Story to make homeownership a reality for Deschutes County residents who otherwise would not have the ability to take on a mortgage without a substantial down payment. We encourage interested parties to submit their application as soon as possible. Program open until filled.
Am I eligible?
- Eligibility requirements include but are not limited to:
- Total Gross Median Family Income at or below 80% AMI (Area Median Income) – $61,280 for a family of 4 –see application for other household income limits
- No negative credit accounts or items in collections
- Must currently live or work in Sisters (preferred) or Deschutes County
- Must be a U.S Citizen or have Permanent Residence Status (primary applicant only)
- Monthly Gross Income must meet the minimum amount required to pay a monthly principal, insurance, tax, HOA & utilities payment
- First time homebuyers only
How do I start?
- Fill out a HomeSource intake
- Register for Homebuyer Education Workshop. This workshop will help you navigate the home buying process from start to finish. If you took the class within the last 12 month attach your certificate of completion instead
- Complete and submit the application and support documents
What is Next?
- Your intake + application + documents will be reviewed for eligibility
- Check your email for updates (if you don’t have access to email indicate so in your application)
For more information about the home, visit First Story – look for McKenzie Meadows information
Other affordable housing provides for the region include Habitat for Humanity – Kôr Land Trust, Housing- Impact, Housing Works – consider visiting their sites for information on their homeownership opportunities.
Completing the intake and application does not guarantee acceptance into the program
For further information, contact us at (541) 323-6567 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org