Social Media Comment Policy
The official NeighborImpact social media outlets (Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, YouTube, and LinkedIn) aim to communicate information on: the availability of services; employment opportunities; agency goals and objectives; accomplishments; initiatives of the agency, staff, affiliated organizations, and partners; awareness regarding needs of economically disadvantaged persons and the persistence of poverty in Central Oregon.
We encourage public interaction and communication about the content we post on our social media accounts. However, this does not imply that NeighborImpact agrees with the content, opinions, or views expressed within any public comment. The individual posting a comment is solely responsible for the content of the comment.
While we encourage community members to interact with our social media content and welcome its use as a place for constructive conversation, we reserve the right to remove comments that:
- are abusive, vulgar, obscene, racist, violent, or profane
- threaten, bully, or harass
- include libel, slander, or personal attacks of any kind, including the use of offensive terms that target specific individuals or groups.
- encourage or support discrimination against protected classes
- suggest or encourage illegal, dangerous, or destructive activity
- spam, including content that promotes products or services
A comment will not be edited or modified to remove unacceptable content; the entire comment will simply be deleted. Commenters who repeatedly violate this policy will be blocked.
Social media users are encouraged to report comments which violate this policy. Comments will be reviewed during normal business hours. We thank you for your help in creating a safe, vibrant and respectful online community.