Looking to get assistance with home improvements?
Home Preservation Loan Program
The Housing Preservation Loan program provides low-interest loans to low- and moderate-income homeowners to repair their homes.
Types of eligible projects include:
- Health and safety improvements
- Septic replacement
- Sewer line connections
- Drain field repairs or installation
- Foundation repair/replacement
- Private water lines
- House structural repairs including: roof repair/replacement, foundation work
- Repair/replacement of substandard plumbing, electrical, siding, heating systems, hot water heaters, and other related activities
- Environmental hazard abatement, including asbestos removal, lead paint removal and mold/dry rot repair
Are you a contractor interested in helping your community by improving the quality of housing for those in need? Find out more here.
Household Eligibility Requirements
- Must own the land on which the home sits (not be rented land)
- Must be a owner-occupied house or manufactured home
- Must be a low- or moderate-income household
- Must reside in Crook, Deschutes or Jefferson counties, priority may be given to specific areas based on funding
- Must be current on property taxes
- Subject to waitlist or additional eligibility requirements defined when application is made available
Loan Limits and Terms
- Maximum Loan: $40,000
- Rate: Subject to change
- Assumptions: The loan is not assumable.
- Security: A promissory note and deed of trust will secure the loan.
- Loan to Value: Up to 100% combined loan to value (LTV)
- Fees: Vary, depending on funding source.
- Term: Deferred, or customized payment plans to fit your needs. Payment due in full when home is sold or refinanced or at 30 years maturity.
Click here to complete the eligibility questionnaire