Host a Food Drive
Food donations from food drives are the highest quality food products distributed by the Food Bank.
Fund donations help us keep our programs running in order to help address Central Oregon’s growing hunger issues. Here are some tips for a successful food drive:
- Identify a reasonable goal. Consider how long you’ll run the drive and how many people you expect to participate.
- Keep enthusiasm high! Post pictures on social media, make it a competition or offer coupons, discounts or incentives.
- Decide what materials you’ll need. Create your own materials or request supplies such as posters, logo, donor envelopes, and fact sheets.
- Publicize your event! Put up flyers, send out emails, make a Facebook event, or send us the details and we can help spread the word.
- Decide how you will collect the donated food. If you can commit to filling a 55-gallon barrel (approximately 250 lbs of food), we can drop one off at your site, or you may come by our Redmond food warehouse any time Monday – Friday from 8:00am – 4:30pm to pick one up. You are also welcome to collect food using your own boxes or containers. Once your food drive is complete, we ask that you deliver it to our food warehouse (2303 SW First Street, Redmond). This may be done at any time at our on-location food drop site. Please contact Garth Brown at (541) 410-9102 if you are interested in coordinating a food drive for NeighborImpact.
Aim for these most needed items to make the biggest impact:
- Canned proteins (chicken, tuna, vienna sausage)
- Canned vegetables
- Canned fruit
- Dried pinto beans
- Shelf stable milk
- Ready to eat meals (ravioli, stew, baked beans)
For more information or to arrange a food drive benefiting NeighborImpact, contact email@example.com.