Matched Savings Accounts (IDAs)
The IDA program is currently full. We anticipate new participation opportunities will open in April. Please check back with us at that time.
What is the IDA
Individual Development Accounts (IDAs) are matched savings accounts that allow individuals and families to save and generate money for a specific savings goal.
For every $1 you save, you receive a match of an additional $3. If you save the maximum amount of $3,000 of your own money during the course of the program, you will receive $9,000 of matching funds to be used for your goal.
NeighborImpact offers the following types of IDAs:
- Participants’ household income must be lower than those listed in the table below, with a net worth of less than $60,000 at the time of enrollment.
- Participants must complete four workshops on personal finance, in addition to one-on-one coaching. Additional education is required for specific IDAs.
- Further restrictions and requirements apply.
How to Get Started
- Fill out the intake form from the link below
- Schedule an appointment with one of our financial coaches
- Submit an application (received at time of first appointment)
If you are interested in applying for this program, please complete the intake form and return it to us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
“It was scary not knowing if I was going to be able to put $45 in an
account every month with having to provide for two children being a
single parent, I just had to make sure it happened…Finally in 2011, I am
signing on a house, my dreams came true!” -- NeighborImpact IDA Client
“Because of this program I am about to own my first home. This is a dream come true for me and my son.” -- NeighborImpact IDA Client