Get Help Paying Your Energy Bill
Energy season has begun! Here is what you need to know:
- Service is first come, first serve – Anyone can apply as soon as the season starts. There will be no priority groups. No one has to wait until January to apply.
- Shut off notices and disconnected service – Please do not wait for a shut off notice or disconnected service to apply. Priority will not necessarily be given to those who have shut off notices or disconnected utility service. If you meet our income guidelines, you qualify for service. Please apply as soon as our season opens.
- No appointments – Applications will be mailed to all households who have received EA this past year.
- Call center available – We will still have our call center manned with 50% more staff to answer questions and direct people on the best method in getting an application for those that did not receive one.
- Talk to your utility company – Let them know you have submitted an application – They will often call our department to verify. You can also make arrangements with your utility company to go on a manageable payment plan until you receive assistance.
- Continue to pay your bill – Please make sure that you are working with your utility company to continue your service while your application is being processed.
- Assistance Types:
o Natural Gas
If your household income is within these guidelines, request your application today.
Call (541) 504-2155
If you’d like to complete an application, you will need to return the following items, including one or more of the forms below depending on your household heating and/or income. Instructions to complete this application process are available in English and Español.
· Verification of income for the past 60 days for all household members over age 18;
· Current Benefit Verification Letter if you receive Social Security;
· Self-Employment Worksheet if you are self-employed;
· Current copy of the utility bill requiring assistance;
· Current copy of your electric bill;
· Copies of photo identification for all household members over age 18;
· Copies of social security cards for all household members;
· Complete and return the Wood Estimate form if you use wood to heat your home.
Drop off your application and documents at any NeighborImpact office (Bend, La Pine, Madras, Prineville or Redmond), fax to 541-749-4947 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org