Child Care Expansion Project
In an effort to support and expand child care in Central Oregon, NeighborImpact is providing a variety of funding opportunities to center-based and home-based child care providers, and to persons who want to become child care providers. Persons must be located in Crook, Deschutes or Jefferson Counties, or the Confederated Tribes of Warm Springs.
Funds through this initiative will be distributed in three categories; providers are only eligible to receive funds from one Opportunity category.
- Opportunity A: For Providers Who Are, Or Will Become, Child Care Centers
- Opportunity A is open to child care providers that currently are, or will become, child care centers. Providers must already have a facility or have identified a facility, have a detailed business and project plan, structured staffing plan, and financing plan.
- Opportunity B: For Persons Who Are, Or Will Become, Child Care Centers
- The Business Accelerator Program for Commercial Child Care Centers (CCEP Opportunity B) is open to persons who have, or want to open, a child care center. Persons do NOT need to have a facility identified. Funding requirements include participation in an advanced child care business educational program, as well as one-on-one coaching, to support and enhance business and program quality practices.
- Opportunity C: For Family Child Care Providers
- The Early Child Care Business Accelerator Program for Home Based Providers (CCEP Opportunity C) is an ongoing program offered to family-based child care providers or persons who want to startup a home-based child care business. The program includes an 8-part educational series and one-on-one business coaching to support new or existing child care businesses. Providers interested in this opportunity receive $5,000 upon completion of program and meeting additional program requirements. *This program is offered in English and Spanish languages.
For providers interested in finding out more about these funding opportunities, or additional opportunities through NeighborImpact, contact Hannah Kuehl via email at CCEP@neighborimpact.org or by telephone at 541-604-0421. For alternate communications and languages for applying, please contact Jessica Talero via email at CCEP@neighborimpact.org or (541) 410-9953.